12.19.2008

Christmas Q & A

I saw this on Samara's blog, and just had to borrow it for my own! Hope you enjoy!

A little get-to-know-ya Christmas holiday Q & A...

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?

Both. I really love to wrap presents, but sometimes time gets the best of me, and things end up in a gift bag. But, I have to to have coordinating tissue paper.
2. Real tree or Artificial?
Growing up in the NW it was always a real tree. Living in Phoenix, I've bought an artificial.


3. When do you put up the tree?
Typically the day after Thanksgiving.


4. When do you take the tree down?
Around New Year's.


5. Do you like eggnog?
It's okay.


6. Favorite gift received as a child?
Probably my Cabbage Patch doll when I was 7.


7. Hardest person to buy for?
Greg's Parents.


8. Easiest person to buy for?
The kids, my Dad.


9. Do you have a nativity scene?
Yes I do.


10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Mail for sure. I love old fashioned pony express mail!


11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
Not possible. It's nice to receive any gift. It's the thought, right? YES.

12. Favorite Christmas movie(s)?
Elf, The Family Stone, the old Rudolph & Frosty cartoons, Charlie Brown Christmas.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
About 10 days before. Ugh. Not next year though. When I see that perfect gift, I'm going to snatch it up regardless of what time of year it is!


14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
Nope.


15. What holiday activity do you look forward to?
Baking, looking at lights, actually passing out the gifts on Christmas.

16. Lights on the tree?
Yep.

17. Favorite Christmas song?
O Holy Night - Josh Groban's version, and Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas-any version, but love Coldplay's.


18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
We do both. Christmas Eve with Greg's Parents, and Christmas Breakfast with my family.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
No...


20. Do you have a holiday collection?
Not really. I mean I LOVE snowmen...so most of my decorations involve snowmen.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Morning?
One on Christmas Eve, and the rest on Christmas day.


22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
The general sense of obligation. I feel like everyone feels like
they have to buy, wrap, do cards, cook, travel, attend parties,
etc. If you don't have the money or energy, it can really take
a lot of joy out of it. (This is Samara's answer, but I couldn't have said it better myself, so I'm going use her answer :)

23. Favorite ornament, theme or color?
Just snowmen.


24. Favorite FOOD for Christmas dinner?
With Greg's parents it's tamales and menudo. YUM. With my parents it's Prime Rib and all the awesome holiday side dishes like green bean casserole, candied yams, rolls, mashed potatoes & gravy (yuck), some jello salad my Nana has made forever...YUM.


25. What do you want for Christmas this year?
A peaceful end to a stressful year.

1 comment:

Samara Link said...

Hey, it's cool that you did this! It's kind of a fun one. My sister had a snowmen collection you wouldn't believe! She went totally nuts with them. :)