3.03.2009

A Few Faves...

I love photography. I love it, love it, love it! I love taking pictures. I love interpreting the world through my lens. I love that photography is personal. It's taken me a while to get to this point, but I love that people may not "get" my photos sometimes. I don't care...that's why it's art, that's why it's personal, that's why they are mine. For a very long time, I was shy about my photography. I would get defensive if someone didn't "get it" or if they asked a million questions like, "Why did you pose her there?" "Why isn't it centered?", or if they simply didn't say anything at all. I took it as a personal insult and I would get self-conscious and clam up.

I would get this way because my photography comes from my heart. And if I would get criticism, it would hurt me deeply.

Something clicked a while back.

There is no right or wrong when it comes to photography. Of course there are industry standards and certain "rules" that should be followed when you photograph things, but as far as vision and creativity goes that's a photographer's prerogative and the creativity is limitless.

Below are a few of my favorite pictures from my trip to Seattle / Portland last year. One of my favorite things to do is find random awesomeness (is that even a word?) while walking around the city.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Lis said...

Those are awesome shots! Id love to be able to capture stuff like that.I just DONT have the eye for it. Lucky YOU!

Jessica O'Brien said...

I think your shots are gorgeous! I am not photography expert and I've always said, "I shoot what I like and keep shots I love." Seems simple enough, right? ;)