1.10.2011

It's 2011...Really? Shit.

I really feel behind.


So behind.
I thought 2010 flew by, I think 2011 is already exceeding it at record pace.I'm literally still on the rush from the holidays.  I've been fervently planning a grand circus birthday party for my little Junior Mint who is turning two (!) on the 19th.  Two?  Where the hell did the time go?  I've rented a ramada at a local park and I've invited tons of people.  Lots of family and then I did something very unexpected of me...I invited 24 18-24 month olds!!! I invited all the chunky monkeys from Gregory's "Baby School" (it makes me feel *thismuch* less guilty to say this, instead of daycare).  My husband looked at me with a deer-in-the-headlights look but was on board.


I'll be honest...I never really thought much of extravagant kid birthday parties.  That is until this happened.  And reading this everyday, REALLY puts thing into perspective.  I used to think big birthday parties were a
waste of money.  But, I realized that every year the Good Lord allows me to have my healthy happy babies, I should celebrate them to the fullest.  You just never know what life has in store.  I don't want to ever be in a
hospital room regretting what I have not done for my kids.  They only have one childhood, and I'm determined to make it the best within my means and teaching them lessons about being grateful in the process.  If anything, my kids will be grateful. 


With that being said, I have planned this party on the cheap.  Now cheap doesn't mean less...it just means more manual work.  Sure I could spend a couple hundred dollars on premade stuff on websites, but where is the fun in that?  I'm the crafty-type who enjoys doing things myself, even if it means a lot of work and staying up very late to get it all done. 


I'll have to post pictures later, but so far we will have gunny sack races, fishing game, ball toss, face painting, and a petting zoo.  All my games and prizes and stuff for decorations came from The Dollar Tree.  The whole purpose will be to play the games and get tickets which they will redeem for prizes.  I'm pretty excited for it.  The big ticket item was the petting zoo.  It's only for an hour, but they will bring 15-20 animals, have a hand sanitizing station, and set up with a white picket fence, and do all the clean-up.  If "they" do a good job, I will give all the info later.


In other news...January is proving to be just as busy as December.  My hubby's birthday was yesterday, Junior Mint's is on the 19th, our best friends Joel & Paty are coming in for the party, and Joel's birthday is the 20-something-th (I suck, I know!), Penelope is in the full swing of violin again, she has gifted testing sessions coming up in the next two weeks, I have a business to open (hello!), we're trying to find a house to buy, and then work is picking up pretty heavily.  I don't know how to keep up.  I literally don't have enough hours in the day. And I have a ton of l.a.u.n.d.r.y.  And yet, I'm blogging.  Awesome priorities ;)


I have a lot of goals for 2011, and blogging is one of them.  I so enjoy writing my little online diary, and if I can connect with just one person (Samara!) ;) , then I'm totally happy.


So, stayed tuned...I have a feeling 2011 is going to be a bumpy ride.  In all the right ways!


Olivia

No comments: