12.06.2010

Lists, Lists & More Lists

Have you ever been so busy that you don't know where to start, so you don't start, and then you try to start, but you can't focus because you don't know what you should be focusing on?

Yeah, that's me right now.

I seriously have like a billion "to do" lists, each with different stuff, and all of it seems important, yet I can't figure out where to start! 

So, I've broken it down in assembly line sections.  One thing I'm stressing about is getting my material prepped for printing.  Well, getting it prepped will do me no good if my screens aren't built or burned?  See what I'm getting at?   So, I've made a list of what needs to be done and put it in order...can't get to "B" if you haven't completed "A".  Sounds so remedial as I write this, but I've been struggling a bit the last few days to get into a groove.  I'd find myself in the middle of something, setting it down, to only start on something else, and then ending up with two unfinished projects because my multi-tasking abilities apparently suck.

And, not that I'm complaining, I swear I'm not, but I have a lot of other stuff going on besides Chaps Buffalino stuff.  Home stuff, getting ready to move in the next two months stuff, laundry - my lifetime nemesis stuff, kid stuff, lots of stuff.  If I'm being honest here, maybe I jumped the gun a bit...maybe setting my launch date for 1/1/11 was a bit absurd, but when I ask myself these questions, I answer back with "If not now, when?" 

Well, I purchased Elsie Flannigan's (from A Beautiful Mess) Blog Love E-Course, and let me tell you it has lots of valuable information about blogging and how to fit it all into a busy, hectic schedule.  I highly recommend purchasing it.  I won't go into much detail because that is what the course is for, but I'm putting a few things I learned into action.  I've put together a doable "to do"  list for tonight only and my reward if I get it all accomplished will be my favorite chai tea latte tomorrow on the way to work.  It's not a huge reward, but it does give me a little extra motivation to get my butt in gear and stay on track.  I usually save my tea purchases for the weekend, so if I get my "chores" done tonight, I will get a sweet little reward tomorrow!  Yes!

12/6/10 To Do List
  1. Finish making 2 screens
  2. Clean up station in garage using for burning screen & printing - getting ready for 12/7 print
  3. Clean finished screens - leave to dry in clean space
  4. Get artwork 100% ready
  5. 2 load of laundry completed (washed, dryed and ugh put away...gross) - seriously when will they invent disposable clothes?  Either that, or I need a wife ;)
  6. That huge Christmas party I mentioned in the last post is this weekend, out of town, so I need to start packing for the kids & I, and all the stuff I'm bringing (decorations, games, food, etc.)
  7. Type out Christmas Party game directions - easy enough, but it's "one more thing"
  8. Make an email contact list for the party...that way next year's communication will be much easier.
I'll let you know how I did on my list tomorrow!  If you have any great tips to staying on task, being organzied, etc., please leave them in the comments below!  I would love to hear all about them.


Olivia

1 comment:

Danielle said...

I just bought this course too... I am in inspiration heaven! So so worth the money. you have a lovely blog and you now have a new follower. I look forward to seeing the 'changes' hehe. I'll see if I can spot them!

Love Danielle
xxx